Small Business Find the top small business news, headlines, and videos about entrepreneurs, venture capital, jobs, start-ups, and more in CNBC’s Small Business section.
- Federal Reserve’s increasing interest rate hikes put Main Street economy ‘dangerously close’ to edge of lending cliffon September 22, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Many small business owners are facing lending costs they’ve never before experienced, just as the economy and consumer demand weakens.
- Small businesses are still desperate for workers even as other companies slow hiringon September 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm
While small business job growth is slowing, it’s more because there are not enough workers to hire than business owners pulling back on hiring plans.
- Secret Service returns $286 million in fraudulent pandemic loans to the Small Business Administrationon August 29, 2022 at 3:15 pm
The Economic Injury Disaster loans returned to the Small Business Administration were obtained using fabricated information and stolen identities.
- The rent crisis on Main Street just took a turn for the worseon August 27, 2022 at 5:42 pm
The percentage of small business owners who said they could not make rent in August hit a record level for 2022, and hasn’t been this high since peak Covid.
- After a year-long dip, American consumer spending power will be back in 2023on August 23, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Household cash flow has been declining, but consumer income will begin to grow after the holidays, making a recession less likely, according to Goldman Sachs.