Tech Find the latest business news pertaining to Technology covering companies, advancements, multimedia, electronics, mobile technologies, and science available on the official CNBC Technology site.
- Qualcomm’s chip market share plunges in China after Huawei sanctions; MediaTek takes No. 1 spoton January 21, 2021 at 5:58 am
Qualcomm’s chips shipments in China shrank 48.1% year-on-year as domestic smartphone makers looked to alternatives from rival MediaTek.
- Twitter locks Chinese embassy’s account over tweet about Uighur womenon January 21, 2021 at 4:57 am
Twitter removed the contents of the tweet and replaced it with a label stating that it was no longer available.
- Trump pardons Anthony Levandowski, the engineer who stole self-driving car secrets from Googleon January 20, 2021 at 9:17 pm
Tech billionaire Peter Thiel — previously one of Trump’s top allies in Silicon Valley — was among those the White House listed as supporters of Levandowski’s pardon.
- Netflix shares see their biggest jump in four yearson January 20, 2021 at 9:02 pm
The company revealed in its Q4 2020 earnings report that it was considering stock buybacks and surpassed 200 million subscribers for the first time.
- Read the full letter Amazon sent to Biden offering to help with Covid-19 vaccineson January 20, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Dave Clark, CEO of Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, wrote a letter to President Joe Biden offering to help with the nation’s Covid-19 vaccination efforts.