Tech Business news related to the technology industry, including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook, plus consumer electronics, start-ups, cryptocurrency, media, advertising, streaming, venture capital, antitrust and regulation.
- Facebook scrambles to escape stock’s death spiral as users flee, sales dropon September 30, 2022 at 1:35 pm
Meta has lost about two-thirds of its value since peaking last year as the business continues to get pummeled on multiple fronts.
- Nintendo carries out 10-for-1 stock split to lure new investors to the Japanese gaming gianton September 30, 2022 at 4:35 am
Nintendo’s stock split reduces the price of an individual share, potentially making it more attractive for investors to buy in to the Japanese gaming giant.
- Two former eBay executives sentenced to prison for involvement in cyberstalking schemeon September 30, 2022 at 3:58 am
The former eBay executives hatched a campaign to harass the editor and publisher of the website eCommercebytes
- SoftBank plans at least 30% staff cuts to Vision Fund, source confirmson September 29, 2022 at 11:44 pm
SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son had foreshadowed cost-cutting this summer after the company posted a $21.6 billion quarterly loss for the Vision Fund.
- Bill Gates: You’ll never solve climate change by asking people to consume lesson September 29, 2022 at 11:40 pm
Expecting people to use less energy, consume less is an unrealistic way to think about solving climate change, says Bill Gates. Innovation is the answer.