Tech Business news related to the technology industry, including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook, plus consumer electronics, start-ups, cryptocurrency, media, advertising, streaming, venture capital, antitrust and regulation.
- Britain sets out plans to regulate crypto industry in wake of FTX collapseon February 1, 2023 at 6:29 am
In December, a U.K. minister suggested FTX’s failure had reinforced the need for urgent crypto regulation. Now, the government has unveiled its plans.
- Google is asking employees to test potential ChatGPT competitors, including a chatbot called ‘Apprentice Bard’on February 1, 2023 at 6:21 am
Google is testing chatbots similar to ChatGPT that use its LaMDA technology, as well as new search page designs that integrate the technology.
- Indonesia’s seafood farming industry faces a ‘technology gap’ — and startups are raising big bucks to fill iton February 1, 2023 at 2:31 am
“A lot of decisions made are based on gut feeling or what ancestors have been doing for the past 60 years,” says one startup’s co-founder and CEO.
- Why AMD is faring much better than Intel in the same tough economyon February 1, 2023 at 12:18 am
Neither chipmaker gave full-year guidance, citing economic uncertainty, but the stock market is reflecting how the two companies are diverging.
- Amazon layoffs hit workers in robotics, grocery, health and AWS divisionson January 31, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Amazon earlier this month began a fresh round of job cuts as part of widespread layoffs that are expected to total 18,000.