Tech Business news related to the technology industry, including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook, plus consumer electronics, start-ups, cryptocurrency, media, advertising, streaming, venture capital, antitrust and regulation.
- China- and Hong Kong-based bitcoin holders scrambling to protect their crypto assetson September 24, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Some crypto holders in China and Hong Kong are scrambling to safeguard their crypto assets, according to an attorney who works with overseas crypto clients.
- Apple’s power move to kneecap Facebook advertising is workingon September 24, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Apple’s anti-tracking initiative is harming Facebook’s ad effectiveness and its bottom line, CNBC contributor Alex Kantrowitz says in an op-ed.
- Amazon reportedly developing a wall-mounted Echo, sound bar, updated car technologyon September 24, 2021 at 3:51 pm
The report comes as Amazon is set to announce new devices at a hardware event Sept. 28.
- Nine former DOJ antitrust chiefs urge Senate to confirm Jonathan Kanter as antitrust headon September 24, 2021 at 3:06 pm
The signatories include at least one representative from every administration since President Gerald Ford.
- China’s central bank says all cryptocurrency-related activities are illegal, vows harsh crackdownon September 24, 2021 at 2:15 pm
China’s central bank renewed its tough talk on bitcoin, calling all digital currency activities illegal and vowing to crack down on the market.