Health and Science Latest news for health care.
- U.S. reports more than 83,000 coronavirus cases, record daily total, as experts warn of difficult winteron October 24, 2020 at 2:22 pm
The U.S. reported more than 83,700 new Covid-19 cases on Friday, passing the last record seen in mid-July, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
- Will masks become the ‘new normal’ even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say soon October 24, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Some Americans are realizing that wearing a mask isn’t a big deal. Even after the crisis has passed, they’d keep wearing them in crowded places, especially with a cough or sniffle.
- U.S. reports more than 71,600 new Covid cases as new infections near record highs and hospitalizations riseon October 24, 2020 at 1:02 am
Since Oct. 1, Covid testing has increased by nearly 11%, compared with a 46% jump in the average daily rate of new infections.
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb warns of ‘staggering’ Covid death totals in U.S. as infection rates increaseon October 24, 2020 at 12:43 am
“We might retest some of the totals that we saw in the spring, when we were reporting 2,000 deaths a day related to this virus,” former FDA chief Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC.
- Thousands of long-term care facilities have already opted into CVS and Walgreens coronavirus vaccine deal, HHS sayson October 23, 2020 at 8:40 pm
Between 9,000 and 10,000 facilities have opted into the program since it was announced last week, Paul Mango, a deputy chief of staff at HHS, told reporters.