Health and Science Latest news for health care.
- Myth or reality? Health experts weigh in on whether ‘herd immunity’ is possibleon April 15, 2021 at 1:29 am
Some experts say it is achievable, though difficult — but others are warning that herd immunity may not be possible when it comes to Covid-19.
- Surgeon says pausing J&J vaccine for younger populations makes sense, but could be lifted for older age groupson April 15, 2021 at 12:18 am
Dr. Atul Gawande explains why he “thinks there is something distinct going on here” when it comes to blood clotting and J&J’s single-dose Covid-19 vaccine.
- Moderna says new data shows its Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective against virus six months after second shoton April 14, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Moderna said Tuesday that new data shows its vaccine is more than 90% effective at protecting against Covid-19 up to six months after the second dose.
- CDC panel postpones decision on J&J vaccine while it investigates rare but serious blood-clot issueon April 14, 2021 at 11:37 pm
A CDC panel on Wednesday postponed a decision on J&J’s Covid vaccine while it investigates cases of six women developing a rare blood-clotting disorder.
- Open middle seats could reduce Covid exposure of maskless air travelers, CDC study showson April 14, 2021 at 10:14 pm
A CDC and Kansas State University study found that the risk of exposure to Covid-19 could be as much as 57% lower if airlines keep middle seats open.