Energy Find the latest news and analysis, headlines, blogs and videos about energy markets, gas, oil, coal, commodities, nuclear power from CNBC.com.
- Record high Memorial Day gas prices are stinging consumers and impacting travelon May 27, 2022 at 6:27 pm
Memorial Day marks the start of the summer driving, and already drivers are limiting trips due to record gasoline prices that are expected to go even higher.
- UK slaps one-off tax on oil and gas giants to ease the pain of soaring household energy billson May 27, 2022 at 1:16 pm
The decision to impose a windfall tax on energy companies marks yet another U-turn for Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government.
- New Airbus facility to research cryogenic fuel systems for next-gen hydrogen planeson May 27, 2022 at 6:26 am
Hydrogen has a diverse range of applications and can be deployed in a wide range of industries.
- George Soros says Russia’s gas storage is almost full — and Europe should hold its nerveon May 27, 2022 at 1:19 am
Billionaire investor George Soros says Putin is “obviously blackmailing Europe.”
- Biden moves to protect major Alaska watershed from miningon May 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
The EPA’s proposal could protect one of the world’s largest salmon fisheries and block a plan to mine in the Alaska watershed for copper and gold.