Energy Find the latest news and analysis, headlines, blogs and videos about energy markets, gas, oil, coal, commodities, nuclear power from CNBC.com.
- Empty shelves, gasoline shortages and sky-high energy prices? Britain is facing a ‘difficult winter’on September 24, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Britain has been plunged into uncertainty as issues over gasoline, electricity and food have prompted warnings of “a really difficult winter” for the country.
- Ukraine’s Naftogaz CEO accuses Russia of using gas as a geopolitical weapon as energy crisis deepenson September 24, 2021 at 11:50 am
It comes shortly after the IEA intervened to call on Russia to send more gas to Europe to alleviate the region’s deepening supply crunch.
- China’s pledge to end building coal plants abroad improves Belt and Road’s reputation, development bank sayson September 24, 2021 at 6:09 am
Chinese President Xi Jinping said at the United Nations General Assembly that China would not build new coal-fired power projects overseas.
- Volvo says it wants all its cars to be leather-free by 2030 on September 23, 2021 at 1:42 pm
A number of companies have announced plans to kit their vehicles out with materials other than leather.
- Department of Energy chief says ‘our hair should be on fire’ after summer of widespread climate disasterson September 22, 2021 at 7:17 pm
Urgent efforts to decarbonize global industries will be expensive and will ultimately create jobs, Granholm underscored on Wednesday.